Master of Arts In Financial Services Degree Programme
The Institute Registrar invites applications for admission to a two–year Master’s degree in Financial Services for the Academic year 2022/2023.
Mode of delivery
Online Instructor Led
Provider: UIBFS; Awarded by Makerere University
Graduates seeking for a career in financial services such as commercial or investment banking, specialized financial institutions such as, stock broking, dealing agencies, Insurance, Pension, and investment funds etc…
- Managerial Economics
- Legal Aspects of Financial Services
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Quantitative Techniques for Finance
- Business Finance
- International Business and Finance
- Financial Services Marketing
- Business Research Methods
- Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Business Analysis and Valuation
- Corporate Governance and Ethics
- Corporate Governance and Ethics
- Commercial and Investment Banking
- Strategic Management
- Risk Management
- Microfinance Services
- Research Project
- Human Resources Management
- Islamic and Development Finance
- Insurance Services
- Financial Derivatives
- Digital Finance and Agency Banking
- Applicants should possess AT LEAST one the following requirements:
- At least a lower second-class bachelor degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics or a degree with a strong quantitative bias.
- A holder of any bachelor’s degree and a postgraduate Diploma in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Banking from a recognized Institution.
- At least a lower second class bachelor’s degree in any field with at least three (3) years consecutive working experience in Financial Services or .
A recognized professional qualification such as CFA, ACCA, CPA, and CIMA.
- Duration: 2 years
- Cost : Tuition: UGX 2.5Mn per semesterFunctional Fees: 825,000 per annum
Application dates: 1st February – 31st March 2023
- Visit the Makerere University’s Admission URL. http://apply.mak.ac.ug
- Sign up using full name, email & mobile number.
- A password will be sent to both email and mobile number.
- The system will prompt you to change the password to the one you can easily remember.
- Fill a form (all form sections must be filled) by clicking on the APPLY NOW button (for first time applicant) or MY PORTAL button (for renewal of application) on the appropriate schemes i.e. Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters and taught PhD.
- All academic transcripts/certificates and passport photos should be scanned and uploaded on the system. You can access the referee’s letter by following the link below: https://rgt.mak.ac.ug/sites/default/file/file-attachments/referee-letter-of-Recommendadtion-for0admission-to-Graduate-Programme.pdf which should be scanned and uploaded after filling by the referees.
- Obtain a payment Ref no. by number by clicking on “Pay for Form” button.
- Make payment to any of the banks used by URA.
- Application fees=UGX 50,000 (East African or UGX 151,500 (International applicant)
- International Applicants can either transfer application fees by EFT or in UGX to : Uganda Revenue Authority Collection account, Account NO. 003410158000002, swift code: UGBAUGKAU at bank of Uganda
- CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY, 31st March 2023
For More enquires: Contact UIBFS Registrar on 0772467127 0r Uibinformation @uib.or.ug or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com