1. CHARTERED BANKER PROGRAM
The Chartered Banker program will provide Graduates with an extensive, detailed, and critical knowledge of the banking sector. Upon completion of the program, graduates will demonstrate a sound understanding of the financial services industry and develop skills and abilities to make professional judgments and informed decisions in relevant work situations. A team of experienced bankers will provide you with in-depth and practical training with case studies at every level of training.
Individuals seeking to develop a professional banking / financial services career including bank staff at all levels entry level, mid-level branch managers, specialists in Risk and Compliance, Corporate & Retail Lending, International Banking & Trade Finance, Customer Relationship Management etc… EXCO members, & Head of functions, Board members in financial institutions, persons wishing to develop Banking and Financial services skills and/ or progression to post graduate qualification in Business Administration.
Learning outcomes and Benefits
The Chartered Banker programme will provide Graduates with an extensive, detailed and critical knowledge of the banking sector. Upon completion of the programme, graduates will demonstrate sound understanding of the financial services industry and develop skills and abilities to make professional judgments and informed decisions in relevant work situations. A team of experienced bankers will provide you with in-depth and practical training with case studies at every level of training.
Chartered Banker Level 1: Professional Banker graduates will be equipped with a firm foundation of technical banking, how banking and financial services operate and provide initiation into career progression aspirations.
Chartered Banker Level 2: Executive Banker graduates will be equipped with Bank Management skills, critical understanding of the banking sector to develop skills to make professional judgments and informed decisions in work situations.
Chartered Banker Level 3: Graduate will be equipped with strategic level analytical skills that impacts on global financial challenges, data revolution, regulatory and technological changes, corporate social responsibility; corporate governance and strategy; competitive threats to Banks and the shape of the Bank to come.
Why the Chartered Banker Qualification?
- Enhance competence and competitiveness.
- Professional recognition.
- Mobility / cross border recognition.
(i) First Route
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant disciplines (Eligible for exemptions) ORProfessional qualifications (CPA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPS, CPB) – (Eligible for exemptions) ORMaster’s degree (Eligible for exemptions) OR
(ii) Second Route
- Diploma OR U.A.C.E with 2 Principal Passes (No exemptions)
What will I study?
- Financial Systems and Regulatory Framework
- Banking Professional Ethics
- Law Relating to Financial Services
- Banking Operations
- Lending Fundamentals
- Information Technology
- Financial Reporting & Analysis
- Marketing of Financial Services
- Economics of Banking
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Markets & Products
- Financial Sector Intern
- International Banking & Trade Finance
- Risk & Compliance
- Customer Relationship Management
- Agricultural Finance
- Treasury Management
- Corporate & Retail Lending
- Bank Management
- Agency & Digital Banking
- Financial Analysis
- Business Project
- Contemporary Issues in Banking
- Mergers, acquisitions, and Restructuring
- Corporate Governance
- Lending Specialization
- Commercial & Investment Banking specialization
- Risk & Compliance specialization
- Corporate Banking Specialization
- Financial Management and Control
- Organization Leadership and Change
Evening Classes and E-Learning Classes
The evening classes are conducted from 6.00 pm to 9.00 pm
E-Learning Classes with online Tutors are conducted at one’s convenience
What is the pass mark in the examination?
The pass mark in each paper shall be 50%.
Duration and Tuition Fees Per Semester
Duration : Each level: 1 year (a minimum 1 subject to Maximum 6 subjects per semester)
- Online instructor- led or Evening study: UGX 300,000 per subject covering Tuition & Exams OR the Total cost for 6 subjects: UGX 1,800,000 per semester
- Self-Study online: UGX 185,000 per subject OR the Total cost for 6 subjects: UGX 1,110,000 per semester.
- Functional Fees: 225,000 per year
Starting Date: 13th February 2023
How do I apply?
By filling in the application form and returning it to: The Uganda Institute of Banking and Financial Services Plot 10, Buganda Road, P.O. Box 4986, Kampala.
Tel. 0414-233628/0414236849/0772-467127 Fax. 0414-234259
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
logon to www.sms.uibfs.or.ug
Detailed information about the above programmes can be obtained from:
The Registrar’s Department
The Uganda Institute of Banking & Financial Services
Plot 10 Buganda Road
P.O. Box 4986 Kampala Tel:0414-36849 OR Gen. Line 0414-233628