- To make the contents of the programmes and courses of the Institute relevant to the existing and emerging needs of the Banking and Financial Services Sector.
- To equip the Institute with adequate and modern facilities, equipment and ICT infrastructure.
- To improve the credibility and recognition of the Institute’s programmes and qualifications through quality management of the delivery systems, processes, procedures and staff development.
- To improve the financial performances of the programmes and courses of the Institute so as to enhance its financial viability and asset growth.
- To develop the Brand and Image Value of the Institute through effective Brand Visibility, Communication and Marketing.
- To streamline the administrative and organisation structure, so as to enable UIBFS to fulfill its vision, mission, objectives and activities.
The Institute is a Body Corporate registered under the Companies Act (Cap 110) of the Laws of the Republic of Uganda as a Company Limited by guarantee.
The objectives of the Institute are inter alia;
- To promote, encourage, protect and advance knowledge and education in the principles and practices of Banking and Financial Services, and
- To regulate, prescribe and maintain high ethical standards in Banking and Financial Services for the benefit of members and the general public.
The Institute is a Membership organisation comprising of: Corporate members, (all clearing banks in Uganda), Associate member institutions, Fellows, Associates, Ordinary and Student members, who all make annual subscriptions for running of the Institute. The Governor of Bank of Uganda, is the Patron of the Institute.
The supreme organ of the Institute’s is the General Assembly (AGM); which appoints the COUNCIL and the Board of Directors for governance and policy oversight. The current Board is composed of eleven (11) members; five (5) representing Corporate Members, One (1) representing the Bank of Uganda (BOU), two (2) representing the Fellows, One (1) representing the rest of the members of the Institute, the Chief Executive Officer and the Executive Director. The Institute Lawyers also attend Board meetings and serve as Secretaries to the Board.