Admission To The Post Graduate Diploma In Agricultural Risk Management And Finance (DAF-ARF)
The Uganda Institute of Banking and Financial Services is a professional body offering Banking and Microfinance training.
The Registrar hereby invites applications for admission to the Post Graduate Diploma in Agricultural Risk Management and Finance Programme for the academic year 2020. This is a nine (9) month course done in partnership and awarded by the Mountains of the Moon University (MMU).
Mode of delivery
The programme is to be delivered through an evening study mode and weekend study.
Senior staff in Agriculture financing and lending in Commercial banks, Credit Institutions, MDIs, Microfinance Institutions, SACCOs, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and fisheries personnel, Ministry of Finance Planning & Economic Development personnel, consultants, researchers, NGO staff such as Grants Officers, program managers/Officers and as well as fresh graduates wishing to acquire a postgraduate qualification for a career in financial services.
- Agricultural Risk I
- Agricultural Value-Chain Analysis
- Agricultural Credit Analysis
- Agricultural-Finance Partnership Management
- Business Economics
- Introduction to Financial Sector Development
- Research & Consultancy Methods
- Decision Analysis for Agribusiness
- Project planning and investment analysis
- Agribusiness Production Management
- Strategic Management for Agribusiness
- Financial Management for Agribusiness
- Agricultural Risk II
- Financial Sector Internship
- Paper Review
Applicants to the Post Graduate Diploma in Agricultural Risk Management and Finance must meet the minimum requirements for admission to the programme as set by National Council for higher Education. Specifically, applicants should possess the following requirements:
- At least second class degree from a recognized University OR
- A holder a recognized professional qualification in Accounting, Diploma in banking/Certified Professional Banker
Ugandan: UGX 2,990,000 (Entire Programme)
International students: UGX 3,990,000
|(i) Identity Card||10,000|
|(ii) Membership fee||65,000|
|(iii) Examination fee||200,000|
|(v) NCHE fee||20,000|
|(vii) Administration fee||200,000|
|Total functional fees||940,000|
Bank Drafts should be made in favour of “The Uganda Institute of Banking and Financial Services”
- Hard copies of application forms can be obtained from the Institute upon payment of an application fee of. UGX 50,000/= (Ugandan applicants) or UGX 100,000(international Applicants). OR can be downloaded from the section below.
- The completed application forms together with certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts, and two (2) letters of references should be submitted to the Institute.
Semester Start dates
- Evening intake class Commences on 17th February 2020
- Weekend intake class Commences on 24th August 2020
Detailed information about the above programmes can be obtained from:
The Registrar’s Department
The Uganda Institute of Banking & Financial Services
Plot 10 Buganda Road
P.O. Box 4986 Kampala Tel:0414-36849 OR Gen. Line 0414-233628