Reporting to the CEO, the Executive Assistant to the CEO shall provide administrative and analytical support to the office of the CEO. He/ she shall be agile and possess strong organisational, information management and analytical skills.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Providing administrative support to the CEO :
Responsibility for administrative support to the CEO including attending to incoming calls and visitors, receiving official mail (physical or electronic), planning and scheduling meetings and appointments, drafting and dispatching correspondences, managing travel arrangements.
- Organizing and maintaining files and records :
Responsibility for maintaining a data base of key records and files (both physical and electronic) and ensuring their safe custody.
- Providing analytical support to the CEO :
This shall include analyzing memos and other correspondences, providing briefs and/or reports to the CEO, preparing write ups/presentations, undertaking visits/engagements with stakeholders and following up on key deliverables.
- Support the preparation and conduct of meetings and events
Providing support in the preparation and conduct of meetings and events including preparation of documentation for meetings and events (for both internal and external stakeholders), recording minutes, coordinating logistical and administrative details (such as event budgets, schedules and attendance), coordinating post meeting/event follow ups to ensure implementation of deliverables.
- Support to the administration and human resource function
Providing support to Management in the conduct of the administration functions including procurement & supplies and people/human resource issues.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the CEO and/or Management from time to time
Key competences and attributes
- Good organisational and office management skills.
- Information management / digital skills: ability to utilize information technology to enhance efficiency.
- Analytical skills: ability to analyse documents and information with a view to providing effective support to the decision making process.
Qualifications & experience
- Degree in secretarial / office management or business related field. Membership to a professional body (e.g. ACSA) will be an added advantage
- Five years relevant working experience in a reputable organisation with demonstrated track record of administrative and analytical competencies.
Submit applications, along with copies of academic transcripts, CV and contact (telephone and email) of three referees not later than 5.00p.m. on Friday 3rd January 2020 to:
The Chief Executive Officer, Uganda Institute of Banking & Financial Services online via : www.uibfs.or.ug/onlinejobapplication. Ladies are especially encouraged to apply.