Reporting to the Registrar, the Assistant Registrar shall offer operational and analytical support to the Registrar in the management of professional and post graduate (academic) programs of the Institute. He/ she shall be agile and possess strong organisational, information management and analytical skills.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- To coordinate activities related to the Institute’s professional and academic programs. These include mobilising and enrolling students, supervision of lecturers, maintenance of a data base of training activities, follow up of students’ dues, payments and welfare, oversight of E-Learning and managing the Distance Learning Program.
- To provide direct support to the Registrar in activities related to the review development and review of professional and academic programs to ensure that they are relevant and of high standing.
- To promote the Institute‘s professional and academic programs so as to ensure attainment of target enrolment on training programs by maintaining close links with the financial services industry through regular calls and follow up of developments in the financial services industry.
- To participate in activities related to the design and implementation of initiatives, projects and innovations aimed at enhancing the efficiency of operations as well as the quality and standing of programmes offered.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the CEO and/or Management from time to time.
Key competences and attributes
- Good organisational skills : a working knowledge of educational management and/ or the financial services industry shall be added advantages;
- Agility : a readiness to adapt to the needs and dynamics of training in the financial services industry;
- Analytical skills : ability to champion the development of high quality and relevant programs;
- Information management / digital skills – ability to manage information and utilize information technology to enhance efficiency.
Qualifications & experience
- Degree in economics / business related field, education or human resource management. Holding a professional banking qualification and/ or post graduate training in educational management will be added advantages.
- Two years relevant working experience in a training, research environment and/ or financial services organization.
Submit applications, along with copies of academic transcripts, CV and contact (telephone and email) of three referees not later than 5.00p.m. on Friday 3rd January 2020 to:
The Chief Executive Officer, Uganda Institute of Banking & Financial Services online via : www.uibfs.or.ug/onlinejobapplication. Ladies are especially encouraged to apply.