Reporting to the Registrar, the E -Learning Executive shall support the provision of an efficient E- Learning offering to the Institute’s broad membership.
- Coordination of user support activities for the Institute’s eLearning Platform based on a Moodle Virtual Learning Environment.
- Provide overall support for the implementation of the Institute’s Learning Management System so as to enable teaching, learning and assessment
- To act as an interface between the Institute’s eLearning Platform and its developers and various users – including teaching staff / lecturers, students, staff and broader membership;
- To support the day- to-day administration and continual modifications to the Institute’s e Learning Platform – including special projects if and when they arise;
- To support teaching staff / lecturers in the development of e-learning content for placement on the Institute‘s eLearning Platform and eventual delivery.
- To promote the uptake-up of eLearning among all categories of users and facilitate teaching staff and students to make full use of the Institute’s eLearning Platform;
- To monitor and report on e-learning resource use across the various teaching areas;
- To provide support to the Institute’s broader ICT function including routine support, procurements & supplies, policy and strategy.
Academic / Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in Computer Science or Computing and IT
- Experience in the use and management of Learning Management Systems (particularly Moodle)
- Professional qualifications in programming (PHP/MySQL) and experience of developing web-based applications will be an added advantage.
Other desirable skills/ abilities :
- Ability to use and demonstrate common e-Learning Management Systems such as Moodle.
- Experience of teaching or delivering training;
- Strong interest in the use of technology to enhance the learning experience;
- Ability to communicate with and support the needs of non-IT specialists;
- Ability to independently research and disseminate information and make recommendations;
- Ability to research user requirements and translate them into application specifications and designs;
- Good organizational skills including ability to prioritise workload and work on own initiative;
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently face to face, on the telephone and in writing;
- Reliable, flexible and self-motivated;
- Ability to research software packages independently.
Submit applications, along with copies of academic transcripts, CV and contact (telephone and email) of three referees not later than 5.00p.m. on Wednesday 29th March 2019 to:
The Chief Executive Officer, Uganda Institute of Banking & Financial Services via : www.uibfs.or.ug/onlinejobapplication