Diploma In Microfinance
This leads to the award of a Diploma in Microfinance of the Uganda Institute of Banking and Financial Services it’s the basic qualification for the majority of career Microfinance practitioners.
To create a pool of professionals, with appropriate skills to effectively manage the challenges of growth in the microfinance industry
Either: (i) Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with 2 Principal passes and 1 subsidiary pass obtained at the same sitting or equivalent
- Banking Certificate
- Any other recognised professional qualification like CPA, ACCA or equivalent.
Mode of delivery
The programme is to be delivered through an E-Learning Platform.
What will I study?
For the award of the Diploma in Microfinance one must pass the 16 papers listed below, including the internship/Business Project:-
- Management Information System
- Risk Management in Microfinance
- Financial Resource Mobilisation and Management
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing in Microfinance
- Business Environment for Microfinance
- Management and Organization in Microfinance
- Accounting and Financial Management
- Legal Framework of Microfinance Business
- Entrepreneurship and Investment
- Product Design & Development
- Rural & Agricultural Value Chain Financing Monitoring and Evaluation for Microfinance
- Credit Administration in Microfinance
- History and Trends in Microfinance
- Student’ Project/ Internship
Fees per semester
|Tuition and Examination fees per semester (4 modules)||660,000|
(i) Identity Card 10,000
(ii) Membership fee 65,000
(iii) Technology fee 45,000
(iv) NCHE fee 20,000
(v) Internship 200,000
(vi) Application Fee 20,000
Duration of study
- Hard copies of application forms can be obtained from the Institute upon payment of an application fee of. UGX 50,000/= (Ugandan applicants) or UGX 100,000(international Applicants). OR can be downloaded from the section below.
- The completed application forms together with certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts, and two (2) letters of references should be submitted to the Institute by 21st January 2019.
When do studies begin?
The semester begins on 28th January 2019 to 3rd May 2019 and July to November semester begins on 22nd July to 2nd November 2019.
When are the examinations held?
Examinations are held in the first two weeks of May and November each year.
What is the pass mark in the examination?
The pass mark in each paper shall be 50%.
Detailed information about the above programmes can be obtained from:
The Registrar’s Department
The Uganda Institute of Banking & Financial Services
Plot 10 Buganda Road
P.O. Box 4986 Kampala Tel:0414-36849 OR Gen. Line 0414-233628