Certified Credit Management Program Offering
The Certified Credit Management program leads to the award of the Certified Credit Manager qualification of the Uganda Institute of Banking & Financial Services. The Certified Credit Management, formerly the Certificate in Credit Management has been revised to twelve (12) subjects/papers.
- To equip graduates with the most current knowledge, skills, values, and practices in Credit management;
- To prepare graduates with career progression into the workforce;
- To equip graduates with analytical skills/logical exposition; conceptual grasp; problem-solving and case analysis in all issues related to Credit Management.
Credit Analysts & Managers, Monitoring &Evaluation officers, Credit supervisors & Administrators, Audit, retail & corporate banking executives, branch managers, business sourcing and acquisition staff, board risk& credit committee/credit approval committee members
An applicant should possess one of the following:-
- (i) A university degree with at least two years of Credit related work experience in a financial Institution OR
- Certified Professional Banker (Diploma in Banking)/ Certificate in Credit Management
What will I study?
- Fundamentals of Credit Analysis
- Credit Procedures
- Credit Products
- Credit Evaluation Standards
- Credit Evaluation Standards
- Quantitative and Qualitative Credit Analysis
- Marketing and Mobilization of Credit Business
- Security Analysis for Lending
- Legal Aspects of Credit
- Credit Administration, Policy and Emerging Disciplines
- Ethics and Customer Relationship Management in Credit Functions
Graduates will acquire a key skillset, putting them at the pinnacle of credit business management in the financial sector. They will be equipped with skills of the core functions of credit granting process and procedures; Risk management & Analysis; mobilization of credit business; dealing with the diversity of clients with a wide range of credit services and recommending the right product commensurate with their needs and requirements; developing concepts, processes, and techniques that underpin best practice across a range of credit environment and structures in which Credit business operate and application of relevant legal procedures governing credit. A team of experienced Credit and Risk Management bankers will provide you with in-depth and practical training with case studies during the course.
What is the pass mark in the examination? The pass mark in each paper shall be 60%.
Tuition Fees Per Semester
Duration: 9 months
- Online instructor-led or Evening study: UGX 1,250,000 per semester
- Self-Study online: UGX 720,000 per semester.
- Functional Fees: UGX 925,000
Starting Date: 27th January 2021
(i) Identity Card 10,000
(ii) Membership fee 65,000
(iii) Technology fee 80,000
(iv) NCHE fee 20,000
(v) Examination fees 200,000
(vi)Project Supervision 500,000
(vii) Application Fee 50,000
- Exemption/Credit Transfer cases shall be handled on a case by case basis upon presentation of relevant qualifications.
How do I apply?
By filling in the application form and returning it to: The Uganda Institute of Banking and Financial Services Plot 10, Buganda Road, P.O. Box 4986, Kampala.
Tel. 0414-233628/0414236849/0772-467127 Fax. 0414-234259
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Detailed information about the above programmes can be obtained from:
The Registrar’s Department
The Uganda Institute of Banking & Financial Services
Plot 10 Buganda Road
P.O. Box 4986 Kampala Tel:0414-36849 OR Gen. Line 0414-233628