The Uganda Institute of Banking and Financial Services is the body responsible for the provision of professional training in Uganda‘s financial sector. The Institute is a membership based body comprising of institutional as well as individual members with a strong focus on membership growth and adaptation to the dynamics of the financial services industry. The Institute hereby invites applications from interested individuals to fill the position of Information & Membership Services Officer.
Reporting to the Information & Membership Services Executive, the Officer shall be an agile individual with good information management, communication, organisational and business development skills.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- To manage the Institute ‘s library facilities including collection and development needs, circulation analysis, cataloguing and classification, ICT, reference services, archiving, stock taking among others.
- To provide support for the Institute ‘s membership growth activities including update of the member data base, invoicing and collection of dues and providing updates on membership activities
- Maintaining close links with the financial services industry through regular calls, follow up of developments in the industry and promoting the Institute ‘s services
- Support the organisation’s membership events such as public lectures and conferences as well as publications
Key competences and attributes
- Good information management and communication skills
- Agility, focussed team player with a readiness to appreciate the dynamics of the financial services industry
- Relationship building and business development skills: ability to engage with members and market the Institute in the financial services industry.
Qualifications & experience
- Degree in a business related field. Possession of a professional banking qualification and/ or masters degree in banking or finance will be an added advantage or
- Bachelors Degree in Information Science or Information Technology. Professional banking qualification and/ or masters degree in banking or finance will be an added advantage
- Two years of relevant working experience preferably in a business promotion and/ or membership development role
- Knowledge of information management and the financial services industry shall be strong added advantages
Submit applications, along with copies of academic transcripts, detailed curriculum vitae and day time telephone contact of three (3) competent referees not later than 4.30 p.m. on Friday 15th September 2017 to :
Chief Executive Officer, Uganda Institute of Banking & Financial Services,
Plot 10 Buganda Road Kampala