Members have a enormous benefits, and what they are entitled to is listed below:-
Professional qualifications and Institute membership form a solid base for a successful career in banking and financial services. Members shall benefit from the Institute’s status, confidence and professional standing. Members are likely to be more employable with better career prospects – both inside and outside the financial services industry.
In addition, an Associate (AUIB), or Fellow (FUIB), member is entitled to use the relevant acronyms after his/her name. These titles signify a highly rated, competent, and professional banker, a product of the Uganda Institute of Banking & Financial Services, operating within the confines of the Institute’s Code of Conduct.
The Institute shall all the time maintain an up to date and well stocked library with a wide collection of literature, especially pertaining to the study and practice of Banking & Financial Services. Management shall take care to ensure relevance in collection materials, while at the same time keeping pace with the times. All subscribed members of the Institute shall be eligible to access the Institute’s physical and online library, including the ICT library, the internet and e-mailing services at a subsidized fee.
Publications & Journals (Financial Services Magazine and Institute’s News Letter -The Bank Scene)
The Institute produces two publications:
- The Financial Services Magazine. This is issued out freely as a privilege to members of the Institute.
The major objectives of the Magazine are:
- To serve as a forum for disseminating information about developments in the financial sector in general, and the banking industry in particular;
- To address contentious issues in the banking and financial services industry and to enhance public awareness of the relevance and role of banking in the economic setup of the country;
- To serve as a medium through which the Institute’s image and offerings are promoted both locally and internationally.
- Institute News Letter ( The bank Scene): Just like the Magazine, the Institute’s News Letter disseminates information about developments in the financial sector on a monthly basis to the Institute’s key stakeholders.